Inbound 856/810 Changing UoM

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Basic Member
Basic Member

We are using EDI with GHX - We are sending/receiving a UoM of "CA" for an item we are purchasing and receiving. When our translation job runs inbound the "CA" is being changed to a "CS". I have created a record in ED40.1 for that specific EDI vendor of "CA" to "CA", but we are still having the issue where these are being pulled in as "CS". In our translation script I know that the L1 values are being referenced if no other Substitution Value for the EDI vendor is found, but that's why I entered a dummy substitution value for the UoM. Is there any way I can see where this is being translated or how this issue is occuring?

WadeYohanek
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
      What does the raw EDI look like?
      EricCMH
      Basic Member
      Basic Member

The Raw EDI has the correct UoM value when I pull it off of GHX.

WadeYohanek
        Basic Member
        Basic Member
          And you've got the L1_I_USE_TP_UOM set for the vendor and only that UOM set on the vendor? And it is only happening on that vendor? (Not that you should have to since it doesn't need translating).
          EricCMH
          Basic Member
          Basic Member
            We have a data substitution value specifically for our TPID inbound UoM currently: Lawson Value = CA External Value = CA.
            We don't have L1_I_USE_TP_UOM set up
            Kat V
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              Is the inbound doing anything routing wise? Does it come straight from the GHX C+ box or does it go through Cloverleaf or something that might alter it?
              EricCMH
              Basic Member
              Basic Member
                Kat V - GHX is dropping the file to an FTP folder where we pick it up. I know that we use a translation file, but it should be looking to the vendor specific ED40 record for the UoM conversion. I'm not sure if the translation file is the issue as that is owned by GHX.
                Kat V
                Veteran Member
                Veteran Member
                  We have your setup, but we haven't seen anything like that. If it's not an MA531 setting, I'd call it into Infor.
                  EricCMH
                  Basic Member
                  Basic Member
                    Thanks, Kat. I have reached out to INFOR regarding this issue.
                    Paul

Hello

Can someone please send me some screenshots on how to set up the ED40.1 translation table to change the UOM for a Lawson #? Example would be PK to BX Outbound and BX to PK inbound.

Thank you

Matt_B
                      Advanced Member
                      Advanced Member
                        Hi All,

We don't use these substitutions but I was under the impression that you would want the Sub table to look like this:
                        List Name : GHXCARD_I_USE_TP_UOM
                        Lawson Value ....CS
                        External Value ..CA

Where the script will translate CA to CS for the TP specified. In the case above it would our name for Cardinal.

Whereas Eric explained that he had (below), which theoretically would translate it but it would be a wash.
                        Lawson Value ....CA
                        External Value ..CA

Unless I am missing something
                        Kat V
                        Veteran Member
                        Veteran Member
                          You can't do it for a specific Item number - it's setup to change per EDI vendor.

And yes - to stop CS from coming in, the setup should be
                          Lawson Value ....CA
                          External Value ..CS

I had missed this.
                          Kurt L Guldner
                          Advanced Member
                          Advanced Member
                            Would there be leading spaces before the UOM since the UOM field allows 4 characters? For example __CA vs just CA in the Lawson Value.
                            Kurt L. Guldner Supervisor Supply Chain Data Informatics UnityPoint Health kurt.guldner@unitypoint.org
                            Kurt L Guldner
                            Advanced Member
                            Advanced Member
                              I had our ED40 records built to change CS to CA as seen below and we've been having issues with it working and after coming across this thread I am wanting to try how you have mentioned to build them.
                              TPID_I_UOM
                              External Value - CS
                              Lawson Value - CA
                              Kurt L. Guldner Supervisor Supply Chain Data Informatics UnityPoint Health kurt.guldner@unitypoint.org
                              You are not authorized to post a reply.