834 with Term Dates?

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

We are looking at sending actual term dates via an 834 to our medical, dental and vision providers.  

Is there anyone doing this? Perhaps someone who recently moved not doing it.  Are you sending them as two separate files? I have some other questions, but perhaps I can send those directly.  

Thanks! 

Ragu Raghavan
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      I modified BN106 to capture the stop_dates
      darwin collins

You were not able to use the BenefitEnd (DTP349) that existed in the BN106 update file?

Ragu Raghavan
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          I think BN106 only sends DTP*349 when you run with the update option (i.e. track changes in enrollment). The requirement I faced was to send this segment when run with the validate option. i.e. send all current enrollments + any drops in the last x days
          David Wilson
            This is more than a year old, but I'm running into this same issue. I need the full file, including the DTP*349. Ragu, how did you modify the BN106 to capture Stop Dates?
            Ragu Raghavan
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              David, you will need some expertise with the 4GL environment. Check in the source code BN106PD and see where it creates the DTP *348. Right after that is where I added code for DTP *349. This may change depending on who you are sending the file to. You will also need it once for the employee and again for the dependents. You may need some additional logic. For instance, if the End date is in the future, do you want it shown? Also, at many sites 12/31 was not considered a true end date to be captured. And then test, test and more test.
              David Wilson

Thank you for that information, Ragu.  We are single tenant cloud hosted, so I don't believe I have access to the code.  However, this information will be helpful while I'm working with Lawson support.

You are not authorized to post a reply.