Does anyone use the GTL remuneration code E048

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
    GTL is exempt from FUTA/SUTA taxable wages but it is not exempt from Federal and State income taxable wages. I currently control this by utilizing the PR20.5 (Tax Exemptions) form.  I recently discovered the remuneration code field on the PR20.2 and it seems this is the way to control this instead by letting BSI handle the taxability rules.  Is anyone successfully using the GTL remuneration code E048?
    Margie Gyurisin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      I did not see an answer to this but we just decided to switch to using this code. We are currently testing the functionality and it looks like state and federal taxable wages are correct but the taxes are differing.

Any thoughts? Experience?
      Karen Ploof
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        Hey Margie...

We have the E048 on the pay code and I have not heard of any problems from our payroll dept. What differences are you seeing?

Margie Gyurisin
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          The Federal taxable wages are fine but the GTL is not include in the wages considered for calculation of federal taxes. This occurs for some of the states where employees reside as well - MD being one of them. It has always been included in the amount considered in the calculation of taxes when using PR20.5.
          You are not authorized to post a reply.