Life Insurance Rate Changes - BN105 Not Updating New Rates

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
    We are changing our life insurance rates mid-year.  No new plan changes or table changes, simply a rate change on our basic life plan.  I updated the rates with a new effective date of 8/1/2017 on both the rate table and the contribution tab on the BN15.  I proceeded to run the BN105 using an 8/1/2017 effective date to update the rates and BN105 is not acknowledging the change in premiums.  Am I missing a step?  How do I ensure that everyone who is currently enrolled in the life plan that is changing rates get the updated rate? 
    Margie Gyurisin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      If you have a BN18 record with a start date that matches your new BN02 record, I am not sure why the BN105 would not have picked up your changes. Do you have security access to all the people? You can run a BN230 for the day before the change through the day of the change and make sure you have 2 records for each person. You could also run a BN220 to see if any plans need to be updated. Do you have multiple coverage groups?

You can also open an incident with Infor Lawson. They should be able to guide you.
      greeneyedgirl02
        Thank you for your response Margie.

I do have a BN18 record that matches the BN02 records. I should have security access to everyone. I made some changes to Health Insurance premiums and the BN105 is picking up those changes with no issue. The issue just seems to be changed to life insurance rate changes. I did run the BN220 and it acknowledged the 8/1/17 contribution change, but states that no action is needed.

I did find what appears to be a somewhat similar issue on this site (see below):
        https://www.lawsonguru.co...-rates-update/#16653

I confirmed that the rate status on my contribution change of 8/1/17 is set at a 3 like the blog above states. So I am thinking that I will need to have my local IT change it to a 1 for the BN105 to pick it up. Before I initiate that task, I have a case into Infor Lawson to see if they are able to identify what exactly the issue is.
        You are not authorized to post a reply.