PR113 performance

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Has anyone experienced long run times of PR113?  We are experiencing run times of almost 4 hours.  Interested in others run times or if anyone has been able to find ways to speed it up.

Brittany G
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
      I have experienced the PR113 running long when I ran it wide open. What I did was run it by process levels or processing groups.. I would recommend your payroll departments running it before they start payroll each time and that will eliminate the long run times.
      Todd Mitchell
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member

They run the PR113 daily.  Most days the run time is not an issue.  It is the run time on the day they are actually running the "main" Payroll "setups -- i.e. time record entry.  I have asked them to shut off Self Service the night before so that no one can do address changes during payroll processing.  Their response was:  "We are still processing PCF's on Tuesday mornings, so any work location changes would not get processed for tax purposes if we run the 113 on Monday night.  "  Based on this, it looks like even though Self Service is turned off, they are still processing PCF's.  

Payroll is not my normal support so I am not as knowledgeable of the flow as with other areas of Lawson.  Based on your comment, it looks like there needs to be a shift in their procedures.

Brittany G
        Advanced Member
        Advanced Member
          I have notice that when I update the tax locator in BSI the PR113 runs a lot longer than normal. If there is a lot of personnel actions that makes changes to taxes then it might run slower

You are not authorized to post a reply.