bn105 error message

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I need to change some of the set ups in our Life Insurance plans.  We need to change the coverage reduction rules from As of Date to Current and contribution under the BN18.8 under Age  from First of Month to As of Date.  I have the new start date of 4/1/2024 on the BN18.4 and BN17.3 sceens with these changes.  When I run the BN105, I am having an issue with two of our plans that use a multiple of Salary Limits.  I get the error message: " Default multiple not setup;must enter multiple".  Not really sure what that is all about.  I assumed that if someone previouly has a mutiple of 3, when I need to run the BN105 it would know to keep that multiple.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Kristie Starzyk
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      Do you have a min and max salary multiple on BN17.4? When you are on BN17.3, click on Limits. We have a min and max of salary multiples along with a maximum amount of life insurance the employee can have.
      Colleen Bertagnolli
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        Yes, I have both a min and max for multiple of salary limits plus a min and max for Amount Limits
        Kristie Starzyk
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          On BN17.4, Under Default Rules at the bottom, do you have Default Coverage N?
          Colleen Bertagnolli
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            Yes. tried changing it to Y but then I had to enter something under the multiple as a default (I used 1). When I reran the BN105 those employees that originally had a different multiple where changed to the 1
            Kristie Starzyk
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              I don't see anything else on the set-up that would require a default value. We don't have one, and I wouldn't think most companies would want one.
              Colleen Bertagnolli
              Veteran Member
              Veteran Member
                I just assumed it would update with the same multiples that the employee already had (just makes sense to me).
                You are not authorized to post a reply.